Ace Info Solutions, Inc. (AceInfo) is a leading Federal contractor with a focused vision: empower our clients, challenge our employees, and grow our business. Founded in December 2000, we are deeply committed to ensuring quality and customer satisfaction. We have a mature corporate infrastructure, strong management, and quality practices. AceInfo is a trusted IT partner to the Federal Government, and we help various agencies transform and strengthen their processes, operations, infrastructures, and security practices to help them further their critical missions.
For over 15 years, we have successfully managed large and significant Federal programs. We have proven experience prioritizing client satisfaction, project quality, and providing innovative, cost-effective solutions to Federal clients.
AceInfo is prime on 95% of our contracts, is headquartered in Reston VA, and has geographically dispersed office locations throughout the country, to include: Kearneysville, WV; Chesapeake, VA; Fort Collins, CO; Boulder, CO; Quantico, VA; Kansas City, MO; Bowie, MD; multiple Washington, DC Metropolitan locations, and project presence in 23 states in all time zones. We offer excellent benefits and salary packages including free medical/dental/life insurance premiums for staff members. We offer relocation assistance for internal employees and external candidates, within 50 miles (minimum) of work location. We do not offer assistance for relocation and housing for internship positions.
AceInfo is seeking a Network Engineer to support our upcoming federal project, in Springfield, VA. Seeking candidates who have been cleared by DHS-Customs Border & Protection within the past 1 year. The suitable candidate will provide Local Area Network Support in an operating 24x7x365 environment. Perform operational responsibility, to include the monitoring of the availability, performance, capacity, and events/alerts. Responsible for the management of local hardware at the Customer’s work site, and remote management of infrastructure at Data Center and Cloud-based networking services (e.g., elastic load balancing).
· Manage system hardware and software releases, changes, moves, and installation to minimize disruption.
· Monitor and identify problem areas and coordinate corrective action with appropriate SMEs and personnel proactively.
· Develop and provide recommendations to improve the Local Area Network Support procedures and documentation.
· Participate in root-cause analysis of problems that are mission critical or have recurring negative effects on the information technology infrastructure.
· Review the availability, capacity, and performance reports to identify the problem areas and coordinate with various teams to plan, design, and implement corrective actions.
· Maintain a complete list of all the thresholds configured in the monitoring tools and ensure list is updated to reflect any changes.
· Plan, design, and configure the tools used by Customer’s LAN and ensure these tools can generate daily, monthly, and yearly availability, performance, and capacity reports to be provided to the Customer.
· Perform integration between tools when possible to reduce the number of false and duplicate alerts and events, and generate a consolidated reporting of the infrastructure from the perspective of service availability, capacity, and performance.
· Proactively monitor current network utilization and provide information for use in determining future capacity requirements.
· Install, configure, and manage software defined network solutions.
· Maintain security hardened baseline configurations and deploy security (patches), software maintenance (patches) and new software releases and supporting products infrastructure as directed by the system owner, Customer’s policy, or the Cybersecurity Directorate.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience (Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience, and a Master of Science (M.S.) can be substituted with an additional 2 years of related experience).
CCNP or CCNA
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED/TECHNOLOGIES:
Local Area Network Support
Cloud-based networking services (e.g., elastic load balancing)
Security Clearance Requirement:
Any active secret clearance is a plus
Ace Info Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.